JEL FAMILY

Building a Family of Faith
Faith in our family begins with trusting our Heavenly Father and His promises. We press forward despite challenges, never giving up on ourselves or our children. We teach our family to have faith in Christ by living what we know to be true. Our children learn their most powerful lessons from our faithfulness.

Monday, June 29, 2015

What Was I Thinking?!

Truly, I must have not been in my right mind when I decided to drive a U-haul, towing a car, in a (barely) three person cab, AND a dog 1,478 miles in just two days. I should be committed! And who's to say I wont wake up in the morning needing a padded room? But I did it!
 I actually did it!!!
Sitting in the hotel room at our final destination it's easy to look back and think, that was no big deal. But I know the truth. That was HARD! It was long, and often mind numbing. It cost a small fortune, and  sometimes I thought it would never end. The second day was so hard to get in the truck. Even the dog resisted with all her tiny might. 
But some amazing things happened. First, for two whole days no one watched any television. Yes they watched one Disney movie on the way but I don't really count that. Second, no one fought! NO ONE!!! It's like my kids were possessed by kindness. We sat shoulder to shoulder and not once was there a cross word. We had the best conversations, sang along to songs, and actually enjoyed each other's company. 
I am truly blessed. I'm sure the old grumpy kids will resurface but for the most miserable trip of my life, it was truly the best time of my life!
PS. My kids just got back from getting dinner and they snuck off to see the Temple! Could I ask for more?! I think not!