JEL FAMILY

Building a Family of Faith
Faith in our family begins with trusting our Heavenly Father and His promises. We press forward despite challenges, never giving up on ourselves or our children. We teach our family to have faith in Christ by living what we know to be true. Our children learn their most powerful lessons from our faithfulness.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Acts Of Compassion and Love

Today I pack up almost 44 years of my life into a truck. Most of those years were spent here in Evansville. This is where I was born and raised. This is where I raised my children. 
I think about all the things that happened here and I am filled with love. My heart is filled with family, friends, memories, laughter and tears. Most of my kids firsts happened here. First days of school, first time riding a two wheeled bike, first loves and first heart breaks, first time driving a car... It all happened here. Baptisms, confirmations, blessings, growing testimonies, faith, seminary graduation, and mission calls were all part of living a life with the Savior as a close friend and guest in our home. 
We had such an amazing ward family, leaving them is one of the hardest things to do. I know that anyone that moves here will find themselves surrounded with love and support so great they will have no fears. Evansville is truly a blessed place. 
 While I am excited to go back to Utah to live my next 44 years, I will truly miss the friends and place I called home for so long. It doesn't seem real. It feels like I'm watching someone else's life. When I needed a few more hands to help us get the truck loaded in time, here came the Kennedy's. And in just a few short moments it was all done. I cannot express my gratitude enough for all the helping hands that surrounded me over the last few days. It literally brings tears to my eyes. 
I may never be able to "pay them back" but I will surely "pay it forward" acts of compassion and love should create more acts of compassion and love. 
Always. 


No comments: