JEL FAMILY

Building a Family of Faith
Faith in our family begins with trusting our Heavenly Father and His promises. We press forward despite challenges, never giving up on ourselves or our children. We teach our family to have faith in Christ by living what we know to be true. Our children learn their most powerful lessons from our faithfulness.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Unemployed

What a wild ride the last two weeks have been. Now that the business is closed and I am home, I can sit and reflect on my life and what I have learned from this seven year long job.
I think one of the most important lessons I have learned is compassion. I have learned as an employer and employee, that we should always treat others with compassion. Being a "hard" person doesn't make you strong and compassion doesn't make you weak. Everyone has their own burdens they carry and I try to remember that when someone isn't feeling their best. 
Another thing I have learned is how important honesty and trust is between fellow employees and between customers and vendors. If you give honesty and trust, you usually get it back tenfold. I would never want to be at the opposite end of that. 
I have learned that I can do hard things. Yes, I usually worked at a desk behind a computer. But I also was able to get dirty and work in the plant when I needed to. I value the times I worked and sweated with the rest of the employees. I don't want to loose sight of the blessings in my life and my work life. 
While there are many more things I have learned I will end with this last one, no matter what is said, no matter what is done, no matter the situation, you are always in control of your actions and reactions. Everything we do is a choice. I want to always choose to never give others the power to change who I am. I want to be true to me and not let outside influences control me. 
There are always lessons to be learned. I choose to learn as much as I can and apply it as I move into this new chapter of my life. 
I am truly blessed

No comments: