JEL FAMILY

Building a Family of Faith
Faith in our family begins with trusting our Heavenly Father and His promises. We press forward despite challenges, never giving up on ourselves or our children. We teach our family to have faith in Christ by living what we know to be true. Our children learn their most powerful lessons from our faithfulness.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

From Diapers to Dents

Well it wouldn't be a complete High School experience without the token car accident. Jonathon was true to the teenage cliché getting into at least one accident in their high school driving years.
But Jonathon waited until the very last day of his senior year to complete this feat!
On the afternoon of graduation on his way to lunch, Jonathon started to change lanes while a truck hid in his blind spot.
Jonathon's Car Door

The "Other Guy"'s Truck

One of the biggest things I have taken away from this is how blessed he was in that he and his sister (she was sitting in the passengers seat) were not hurt at all. Looking at that car door still brings tears to my eyes because I know that my little boy was sitting behind the wheel with that dented door protecting him. I can see the reinforced steel that the door shell started to mold around and I am thankful that there are safety standards that car makers must meet. I can actually visualize what happened in my mind as Jonathon described the "slow motion" feel as he watched the shattered glass fly past him peppering the car seats and floor boards toward his sister.

The Lord has blessed me every day that these children have been a part of my life and I am grateful for every breath they take! They are amazing kids!

1 comment:

Corine Moore said...

Oh Leian... I'm so glad your kids are OK! And I have to agree - I just know you're right; they are amazing! (I know this because of my amazing intuition! ;D)

...love you!
Corine :D