JEL FAMILY

Building a Family of Faith
Faith in our family begins with trusting our Heavenly Father and His promises. We press forward despite challenges, never giving up on ourselves or our children. We teach our family to have faith in Christ by living what we know to be true. Our children learn their most powerful lessons from our faithfulness.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wrenches

I realized this weekend that there will be wrenches in this whole process. Being sick the last few days is what really brought this thought process on. I admit that I can make the best plans possible, but there are going to be times that something happens and I can't avoid it. I didn't have any moving type plans this weekend but being so ill and not being able to choose any differently was emotionally painful to live through. Life would be so much easier if we were never sick, hurt, or challenged in any negative way. But then, how would we recognize the good that comes if there was never any bad? (I still think I would like to try a life without the negatives.) But that's not why we were put here on this earth. So I will push through the hard parts and try to stay as unruffled as possible.
I used to joke that Brigham Young's wife, upon seeing the mountains, gently pulled him aside and said something like, "Dear, you want to stop again and ask for directions?" In reality though I admire the women who faithfully followed their testimonies across the plains and over/through the mountains. Their journey is amazing and inspiring. What they could have done with what I have to make the same journey puts my efforts to shame. 
So as I sit home this Sabbath day, recovering from my small "wrench" I will try to remember that this journey has been done before and through much more challenges than mine. I will continue to do what I know is right for me and my family. I will exercise faith in all things. And when I stumble I will turn to the Lord. 

No comments: