JEL FAMILY

Building a Family of Faith
Faith in our family begins with trusting our Heavenly Father and His promises. We press forward despite challenges, never giving up on ourselves or our children. We teach our family to have faith in Christ by living what we know to be true. Our children learn their most powerful lessons from our faithfulness.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mississippi Maddness 2009 (Day 8)

Day: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)
Saturday 3-28-09
We left Madison, MS around 4:30am. We did much better getting ourselves ready and out the door. Mom, Dad, and Maggie go p to say goodbye. I always start to cry when I pull out of their neighborhood. I love to visit my parents but I really wish they lived closer. We always miss them terribly!
On the way back we took a little detour. We decided to drive through Nashville, TN. On the way to Nashville, we saw a sign that said Civil War Battle Grounds. We decided to go and check it out. It was the Battle of Parkers Crossroads. There is a HUGE Split Rail Fence that soldiers had to hide in the small places that they could while surrounded by cannons!

We walked the Fence and read about our own State of Indiana and their help at this battle field.
We explored the cabin and really enjoyed our little excursion!
We continued on to Nashville, TN. We went to see the Grand Ole Opry! It was a lot of fun checking out old photos and items from Country Music's history!

When we finished there, it was time to go home. I was sad to see our trip come to an end but OH so glad to be home! We will miss my parents as always. However, now that my kids are older, Its nice to be able to explore parts of this country with them. They are my greatest blessing and I thank the Lord every day for them and how they enrich my life. There is no greater blessing that that of being a parent!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

If I had know you guys were going to be in Nashville, I owuld have tired to see you. We live like 2 hours from there!
Jennifer